Yay it’s a long holiday and finally I can posting again. I wanna share something about what I’ve learned in the 3rd smester of my faculty. I got a subject named International Role of Japan. I am so interested of it, absolutely! My lecture told so much things about Japan in international relations. It’s obviously increasing my knowledge about this country.
Talkin’ about Japan, the first things that appear in my brain are manga, anime, pop culture, cosplay, harajuku style, sushi, okonomiyaki, arashi, akb48.. (baahh kinda childish). But one day, my lecture explain about BUSHIDO (武士道) apparently, it is one of the important things that underpin leadership in Japan in the Meiji era is to maintain the culture and work values. Although Japan is a developed nation, but the basic values of the original Japanese society never lost. The values are summarized in 7 basic values of Bushido, There are:
1. Gi : The right decision, taken with equanimity, the right attitude, the truth. When we must die, we must die. Rectitude.
2. Yu : Bravery tinged with heroism.
3. Jin : Universal love, benevolence toward mankind; compassion.
4. Rei : Right action, a most essential quality, courtesy.
5. Makoto : Utter sincerity; truthfulness.
6. Melyo : Honor and glory.
7. Chugo : Devotion, loyalty.
♥ One party in the history of Japan that uses the principles of Bushido is the samurai–warrior in the early of the Japanese. They describe it in the form of Samurai Creed, as follows:
– I have no parents; I make the Heavens and the Earth my parents.
– I have no home; I make the Tan T’ien my home.
– I have no divine power; I make honesty my Divine Power.
– I have no means; I make Docility my means.
– I have no magic power; I make personality my Magic Power.
– I have neither life nor death; I make A Um my Life and Death.
– I have no body; I make Stoicism my Body.
– I have no eyes; I make The Flash of Lightning my eyes.
– I have no ears; I make Sensibility my Ears.
– I have no limbs; I make Promptitude my Limbs.
– I have no laws; I make Self-Protection my Laws.
– I have no strategy; I make the Right to Kill and the Right to Restore Life my Strategy.
– I have no designs; I make Seizing the Opportunity by the Forelock my Designs.
– I have no miracles; I make Righteous Laws my Miracle.
– I have no principles; I make Adaptability to all circumstances my Principle.
– I have no tactics; I make Emptiness and Fullness my Tactics.
– I have no talent; I make Ready Wit my Talent.
– I have no friends; I make my Mind my Friend.
– I have no enemy; I make Incautiousness my Enemy.
– I have no armour; I make Benevolence my Armour.
– I have no castle; I make Immovable Mind my Castle.
– I have no sword; I make No Mind my Sword.
That’s it. I hope you enjoy reading my post 🙂